The Advocacy Training and Resource Center (ATRC) is based on the belief that an informed citizenry is the key to a democratic society, such as Kosovo is striving to become. Based in Prishtina, ATRC trains and assists non-governmental organizations (NGOs) in Kosovo to professionalize their work, articulate their demands and press government structures for change.
- To help Kosovar NGOs engage in successful advocacy by providing, on a regular basis, information on:
- Opportunities for advocacy efforts (such as upcoming legislation, government decrees, UN programs, etc.)
- advocacy initiatives to join in Kosovo, the Balkans and globally
- organizational structures and responsibilities of local and international bodies
- To strengthen cooperation among Kosovar NGOs by providing information about networking opportunities.
- To facilitate exchanges of information and resources among NGOs in Kosovo, the Balkans and globally.
- To provide Kosovar NGOs with information on human and financial resources available in Kosovo and abroad.
ATRC hosts a library with publications on social, political, and economic issues related to Kosovo and the Balkans. It organizes public debates and legislative briefings on pressing issues in Kosovo. It also provides training for all Kosovo NGOs.